...a queer Femme lesbian reflects...

Ah! The Butch-Femme Dance...a work of love in progress...

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Brownie Bites

My boi had to go out of town on business. Hye was going to cover half the State of California by car in seventy-two hours so I made hym a pan of my best orange-infused, cashew-laden, fudgy brownies to keep hym company. They turned out perfectly. They smelled heavenly. They packed into their continer like it was their destiny.

Plans changed abruptly at the last minute -- an elder relative of two very close friends (Ralph and Rupert) of my boi's died and my boi decided to make the 200-mile detour to attend the funeral to demonstrate hys love, respect, and support. So, I put the brownies in my boi's hands, kissed hym goodbye, and sent hym out the door and on hys way.

After the burial, my boi gave Rupert a ride back to the wake. Rupert nearly sat on the container of brownies and so my boi said, "My gyrl made some brownies..." Before hye could add, "Would you like one?" Rupert said, "Thank you, how nice of hyr to think of our family at a time like this," and off went the brownies to the wake where I hear they were thoroughly appreciated.

I got the empty boi back yesterday and I feel soooo bad because I haven't even had time to make hym a replacement pan of brownies. I got the empty container back today, washed clean but smelling faintly of orange essence...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home